The vitreous humor is located between the inner surface of the retina and the posterior surface of the lens. It is a formed by 99%, water clear, gelatinous liquid. The remaining 1% are proteins, hyaluronic acid, collagen, chloride, sodium, glucose and potassium. Its function is to protect the retina making its surface remains uniform, getting a correct view. Sometimes this becomes opaque gelatinous mass making viewing difficult. When this happens it is necessary to resort to surgery of the vitreous, also known as vitrectomy. This involves removing the vitreous damaged, replacing it with a saline solution. It is a resource used only when vision has decreased considerably and prevents follow a normal rhythm of life for the patient. Besides, this procedure can cause some complications, such as infection, intraocular bleeding and retinal detachment.